- How do you use dormancy in a sentence?
- How do you use tolerant in a sentence?
- What is instrumentality theory?
- What is another word for expectancy?
- What does instrumentality mean?
- What is life expectancy definition?
- What is the opposite of fatal?
- What does detrimental mean in English?
- How do you use hesitancy in a sentence?
- What is another word for deadliest?
- What does expectancy mean?
- What is the opposite of life expectancy?
- What is life expectancy in sociology?
- Is human instrumentality possible?
- What is an instrumentality of a crime?
- What is another word for life expectancy?
- What is another word for value?
- What is the difference between expectation and expectancy?
- How do you use expectancy in a sentence?
- What is the meaning of deadliest?
How do you use dormancy in a sentence?
Dormancy sentence examplesAs the tree or shrub prepares itself for dormancy, its energy is focused on the roots.
Fall is the time of year when grasses and other plants prepare for winter dormancy.
Persistence and Spread: Soft brome seeds have minimal dormancy and are short-lived in soil.More items….
How do you use tolerant in a sentence?
(1) He is tolerant of those who disagree with him. (2) It’s naive to think that teachers are always tolerant. (3) She has become a lot more tolerant and communicative. (4) Mares are surprisingly tolerant of the roughness and rudeness of their own offspring.
What is instrumentality theory?
Instrumentality theory hypothesizes that a person’s attitude toward an occurrence (outcome) depends on his perceptions of how that outcome is related (instrumental) to the occurrence of other more or less preferred consequences.
What is another word for expectancy?
In this page you can discover 16 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for expectancy, like: hope, prospect, likelihood, outlook, expectance, expectation, anticipation, despair, discouragement, hopelessness and surprise.
What does instrumentality mean?
An instrumentality is a government agency or corporation that acts independently in carrying out work for the public good. … Instrumentality also provides for the backing of government agency obligations based on the full faith and credit of the federal government.
What is life expectancy definition?
The term “life expectancy” refers to the number of years a person can expect to live. By definition, life expectancy is based on an estimate of the average age that members of a particular population group will be when they die.
What is the opposite of fatal?
fatal(adj) bringing death. Antonyms: avertible, avertable, indecisive, fortunate, nonlethal, nonfatal, evitable, avoidable.
What does detrimental mean in English?
obviously harmful: obviously harmful : damaging the detrimental effects of pollution. detrimental. det·ri·men·tal | \ ˌde-trə-ˈmen-tᵊl \ Definition of detrimental (Entry 2 of 2) : an undesirable or harmful person or thing.
How do you use hesitancy in a sentence?
In spite of his hesitancy he wasn’t about to quit. In answer to her response, his kiss lost its hesitancy and became ardent.
What is another word for deadliest?
What does expectancy mean?
1a : the act, action, or state of expecting the strange expectancy that getting on any train gives us— John Updike. b : the state of being expected occurs with an expectancy slightly greater than usual. 2a : something expected their belief led to an expectancy.
What is the opposite of life expectancy?
What is the opposite of lifespan?afterlifehereafterlife after deatheternal lifenext worldspirit worldgreat beyondother sidesweet hereafterheaven8 more rows
What is life expectancy in sociology?
Life expectancy refers to the age to which men and women are expected to live. … Gender differences in life expectancy can be seen with men expected to live until 78.5 years old compared to women who are expected to life until 82.9 years old.
Is human instrumentality possible?
At the present in the real world, we cannot achieve anything like the Human Instrumentality Project. Some scientists, however, predict that by 2045 we will have the ability to upload our brain onto a computer, a feat that some even refer to as the next stage in human evolution.
What is an instrumentality of a crime?
“Instrumentality of a crime” means any property, other than real property and any buildings, fixtures, appurtenances, and improvements thereon, whose use contributes directly and materially to the commission of a crime defined in subdivisions five and six hereof.
What is another word for life expectancy?
What is another word for life expectancy?allotted spanlongevitynatural lifeall one’s natural lifeexpectation of lifelife cyclelife’s durationlife spanlifetimeperiod of existence11 more rows
What is another word for value?
Some common synonyms of value are appreciate, cherish, prize, and treasure. While all these words mean “to hold in high estimation,” value implies rating a thing highly for its intrinsic worth.
What is the difference between expectation and expectancy?
An expectation is something which is anticipated or is likely to happen. Expectancy is the state of hopefulness where you anticipate what will happen.
How do you use expectancy in a sentence?
1. Japanese people have a very high life expectancy. 2. People in manual occupations have a lower life expectancy.
What is the meaning of deadliest?
Filters. Superlative form of deadly: most deadly. The black mamba is among the deadliest snakes.