- Are performance reviews required by law?
- Is EAP really confidential?
- How do you deal with an unfair performance review?
- Can I refuse to sign my performance review?
- What should I say in a performance review?
- Are performance reviews confidential?
- How do I conduct a performance review remotely?
- What should you not say in a performance review?
- Can I get a copy of my performance review?
Are performance reviews required by law?
No law requires companies to conduct job reviews, but businesses that do may have a better understanding of their employees.
The information gained from performance reviews can be used to determine raises, succession plans and employee-development strategies..
Is EAP really confidential?
When an employee seeks EAP services voluntarily, all of the employee’s information, including whether he or she contacted the EAP or not, is confidential and cannot be released without written permission.
How do you deal with an unfair performance review?
How to Deal with an Unfair Performance ReviewTake a Breather. When you receive negative comments, your instinct may be to give your critic a piece of your mind. … Stay Calm. … Don’t Act Up. … If You Disagree, Say So. … Learn from Your Mistakes. … Come Up with an Improvement Plan. … Consider Talking to HR. … Analyse Your Review.More items…•
Can I refuse to sign my performance review?
Answer: Your employer can’t force you to sign the performance document, but there may be consequences for refusing to do so. For one, your employer could fire you for refusing to sign. … However, putting your signature on the document doesn’t have to mean that you agree with what it says.
What should I say in a performance review?
12 Things to Say at Your Next Performance ReviewTalk about your achievements. … Talk about a raise. … Ask about the development of the business. … Set clear goals. … Give feedback to your manager. … Ask how you can help. … Suggest tools you need to do your job. … Ask for clarification.More items…•
Are performance reviews confidential?
The performance appraisal process should help employees understand their responsibilities, what they are expected to accomplish, and what standards are used to evaluate performance. A supervisor’s opinion of an employee’s performance is confidential and must be guarded from inappropriate disclosure.
How do I conduct a performance review remotely?
5 Tips For Productive Remote Performance ReviewsConnect Via Video Call (Seriously)Provide Feedback Ahead Of Time.Jot Down Some Notes.Ask For Peer Feedback.Pause And Breathe.
What should you not say in a performance review?
3. “You said/you did…” It’s communication 101–when discussing a sensitive topic, never lead with “you” statements. In a performance review, this might include statements like “you said I was going to get a raise,” “you didn’t clearly outline expectations,” etc.
Can I get a copy of my performance review?
An employer’s personnel records, such as performance reviews and personnel files, are the property of the employer. The employer does not have to provide a copy, even to the employee to which the records relate. … However, if the employer choose not to do so, the employee cannot force the employer to provide a copy.